|Cushioned Sleeve Bearing Coupling Flexible Coupling NBR Jaw Coupling for Pumps, Motors
|motor, pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors
|black or as Customer’s Request
5mm To 8mm (customized)
|According to Your Requirements
|OEM and ODM Are Also Welcomed
|Customized. Aluminum, Stainless Steel,NR,SBR, NBR, EPDM, MQ, SR etc.
|Available. Trial Sample 7 to 20 days.
These stainless steel shaft couplers allow you to couple 2 size shafts together. They can be used for connecting motor shafts to drive shafts, or 2 different-sized shafts. These shaft couplers have a length of 0.75″, a outer diameter of 0.42″, and couple 1/4″ to 5mm shafts.
Connect this to that with a set-screw coupler. These couplers are made of machined aluminum and have a spiral cut that makes them slightly flexible so they can be fit to 2 shafts even if they are not perfectly co-linear and will help reduce binding effects.
This coupler will connect a 5mm diameter shaft to an 8mm diameter shaft. A perfect add on for motors. Comes with 2 sets of double set-screws (two per side) for secure attachment. You’ll need a 2mm allen wrench to tighten/loosen the set-screws.
Total Number of Personnel:>350 staffs (as of June.24, 2571)
Total Production scale: >35000 square meters
Head Office: HangZhousun Rubber & Plastic Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Compression Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
Branch Company: HangZhou Mingrui Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Molds, Refined Hardware, Intelligent Automation Equipment, etc.
Branch Company: ZheJiang Yousheng New Material Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Extrusion Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
R&D and Quality Control
HangZhousun’s R&D team has more than 120 staff ,and gathers CHINAMFG and creative experts and professors.
Keeping responsibility in mind, R&D team brings multiple capabilities, supports HangZhousun keep leading at rubber&plastics industry.
R&D team forms strict management system on each project in compliance with latest world scientific standard and requirements.
We strictly emphasize on quality and management control.
Our R&D and production management follows TUV & IS014001 Environmental System.
Beyond these, Our finished products meet approval of ISO9001, IATF16949 & UL quality control system.
HangZhousun can make our products meet standards as customer’s demand like CE, ROHS, REACH, CP65, PAHS, FDA, TSCA,etc.
(IF YOU WANT MORE DETAIL INFORMATION OF OUR COMPANY AND PRODUCTS, WELCOME TO CONTACT AND CHAT WITH US. SHOULD ANY OF OUR ITEMS BE OF INTEREST TO YOU, PLEASE LET US KNOW WITH THE HOPE THAT WE MAY WORK WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE. )
Using Jaw Couplings in Precision Motion Control Systems
Jaw couplings are versatile mechanical couplings commonly used in various industrial applications for transmitting torque between two shafts. While they offer many benefits such as simplicity, cost-effectiveness, and ease of installation, they may not be the best choice for precision motion control systems that require extremely accurate and repeatable positioning. The following factors should be considered when using jaw couplings in precision motion control systems:
- Backlash: Jaw couplings typically have some degree of backlash due to the clearance between the jaws and the spacers. This can introduce positional errors and limit the ability to achieve precise movements, especially in systems that require bidirectional positioning.
- Angular and Parallel Misalignment: While jaw couplings can accommodate some degree of misalignment, precision motion control systems often require tight tolerances and minimal misalignment to achieve accurate positioning. In such cases, more rigid and flexible couplings, such as servo couplings or beam couplings, may be preferred.
- Torsional Stiffness: In precision motion control, minimizing torsional wind-up and maintaining torsional stiffness is essential for precise and responsive movements. Jaw couplings may not provide the required level of torsional stiffness needed for high-performance motion control applications.
- Resonance and Vibration: In precision motion systems, avoiding resonance and minimizing vibration is crucial for stability and accuracy. The damping characteristics of jaw couplings may not be sufficient to suppress vibrations and resonant frequencies, which can adversely affect performance.
While jaw couplings are widely used in general industrial applications, precision motion control systems often demand more specialized and precise coupling solutions. Some alternatives that are better suited for precision motion control applications include servo couplings, beam couplings, and disc couplings. These couplings offer higher torsional stiffness, lower backlash, and better overall performance for demanding motion control requirements.
When selecting a coupling for precision motion control, it is essential to consider the specific requirements of the application, including torque, speed, misalignment, and stiffness, to ensure the chosen coupling can meet the precision and performance demands of the system.
What are the factors influencing the thermal performance of a jaw coupling?
The thermal performance of a jaw coupling is influenced by several factors that affect its ability to dissipate heat and handle temperature fluctuations during operation. Here are the key factors that can impact the thermal performance of a jaw coupling:
- Material Selection: The choice of materials used in the construction of the jaw coupling plays a significant role in its thermal performance. High-quality materials with good thermal conductivity can efficiently dissipate heat, reducing the risk of overheating and premature wear. Common materials used in jaw couplings include steel, aluminum, and various elastomers.
- Elastomer Spider: The elastomer spider in the jaw coupling is a crucial component that can influence thermal performance. The type of elastomer and its specific characteristics, such as hardness and thermal conductivity, can affect the coupling’s ability to absorb and dissipate heat generated during operation.
- Operating Speed: The rotational speed of the coupling impacts its thermal performance. Higher operating speeds can generate more heat due to increased friction and stress on the coupling components. It is essential to ensure that the jaw coupling is rated for the specific operating speed of the application to prevent overheating and premature failure.
- Torque and Load: The torque and load applied to the jaw coupling can also influence its thermal performance. Higher torque and load levels can result in increased heat generation. Properly sizing the coupling based on the application’s torque and load requirements is essential to prevent excessive heat buildup.
- Operating Environment: The environment in which the jaw coupling operates can impact its thermal performance. For example, if the coupling is located in an area with limited airflow or high ambient temperatures, it may experience reduced heat dissipation capabilities. On the other hand, an environment with good ventilation can help in maintaining the coupling’s thermal performance.
- Lubrication: Some jaw couplings may require lubrication to reduce friction and heat generation. Proper lubrication can enhance the coupling’s thermal performance and extend its service life. It is essential to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding the type and frequency of lubrication to ensure optimal performance.
- Continuous vs. Intermittent Operation: The thermal performance of a jaw coupling can also be influenced by the nature of its operation—continuous or intermittent. Intermittent operation allows the coupling to cool down between cycles, reducing the overall heat buildup compared to continuous operation, which may lead to higher operating temperatures.
Overall, careful consideration of these factors is crucial in ensuring the efficient thermal performance of a jaw coupling. Proper selection, installation, and maintenance of the coupling based on the specific application requirements can help prevent overheating, reduce wear, and prolong the coupling’s lifespan.
Can Jaw Couplings Accommodate High Torque and High-Speed Applications?
Jaw couplings are versatile and can handle a wide range of torque and speed requirements. However, their suitability for high torque and high-speed applications depends on the specific design and material of the coupling.
Advancements in jaw coupling technology and the use of high-strength materials, such as steel and aluminum, have significantly improved their performance capabilities. For many industrial applications, jaw couplings can efficiently accommodate high torque and high-speed requirements.
When selecting a jaw coupling for high torque and high-speed applications, consider the following factors:
- Coupling Size: Choose a jaw coupling size that matches the torque and speed requirements of the application. Larger couplings with bigger spider elements can handle higher torque loads.
- Material: Opt for jaw couplings made from robust materials like steel or aluminum, which can withstand higher torque and speed without compromising structural integrity.
- Design: Some jaw coupling designs are better suited for high torque applications, offering increased torque capacity and better performance under heavy loads.
- Service Factor: Consider the service factor, which accounts for peak or intermittent loads, to ensure the selected jaw coupling can handle temporary torque spikes.
It’s essential to consult with coupling manufacturers or industry experts to determine the most suitable jaw coupling for specific high torque and high-speed applications. Properly sized and selected jaw couplings can provide reliable and efficient power transmission in demanding industrial scenarios.
editor by CX 2023-12-06